ویکی‌نبشته:دفترخانه

از ویکی‌نبشته
پرش به ناوبری پرش به جستجو
دفترخانه
میانبُر:
ون:دخ
ون:دفتر
دفترخانه ویکی‌نبشته جایی برای درمیان گذاشتن پرسش‌های همگانی، درخواست راهنمایی و یا گفتگو درباره چالش‌های گوناگون و مهم ویکی‌نبشته است.
  • پرسش‌هایی درباره نوشتاری که وجود دارد است می باید برای نگهداری تاریخچه در صفحه گفتگوی آن نوشتار بیاید نه در دفترخانه، وگرنه دفترخانه آن پرسش را به صفحه گفتگوی آن نوشتار جابجا می‌کند.
  • پرسش‌ها می باید در بخشی نوین با فرنامی روشنگر زیر نوشتارهایی که پیشتر در دفترخانه آمده به سامان روز و ماه و سال افزوده شوند.
  • پاسخ‌ها در همان بخش و زیر همان پرسش نوشته می شود تا گفتگوها درباره یک جستار بدین سان پشت سرهم بیایند.
 

Moving Wikimania 2021 to a Virtual Event[ویرایش]

Wikimania's logo.

سلام. Apologies if you are not reading this message in your native language. لطفاً برای ترجمه به زبان مادریتان کمک کنید. با تشکر!

Wikimania will be a virtual event this year, and hosted by a wide group of community members. Whenever the next in-person large gathering is possible again, the ESEAP Core Organizing Team will be in charge of it. Stay tuned for more information about how you can get involved in the planning process and other aspects of the event. Please read the longer version of this announcement on wikimedia-l.

ESEAP Core Organizing Team, Wikimania Steering Committee, Wikimedia Foundation Events Team, ‏۲۷ ژانویهٔ ۲۰۲۱، ساعت ۱۵:۱۶ (UTC)

Project Grant Open Call[ویرایش]

This is the announcement for the Project Grants program open call that started on January 11, with the submission deadline of February 10, 2021.
This first open call will be focussed on Community Organizing proposals. A second open call focused on research and software proposals is scheduled from February 15 with a submission deadline of March 16, 2021.

For the Round 1 open call, we invite you to propose grant applications that fall under community development and organizing (offline and online) categories. Project Grant funds are available to support individuals, groups, and organizations to implement new experiments and proven ideas, from organizing a better process on your wiki, coordinating a campaign or editathon series to providing other support for community building. We offer the following resources to help you plan your project and complete a grant proposal:

Program officers are also available to offer individualized proposal support upon request. Contact us if you would like feedback or more information.

We are excited to see your grant ideas that will support our community and make an impact on the future of Wikimedia projects. Put your idea into motion, and submit your proposal by February 10, 2021!

Please feel free to get in touch with questions about getting started with your grant application, or about serving on the Project Grants Committee. Contact us at projectgrantsالگو:Atwikimedia.org. Please help us translate this message to your local language. MediaWiki message delivery (بحث) ‏۲۸ ژانویهٔ ۲۰۲۱، ساعت ۰۸:۰۱ (UTC)

Wiki Loves Folklore 2021 is back![ویرایش]

لطفاً برای ترجمه به زبان مادریتان کمک کنید

Wiki Loves Folklore Logo.svg

You are humbly invited to participate in the Wiki Loves Folklore 2021 an international photography contest organized on Wikimedia Commons to document folklore and intangible cultural heritage from different regions, including, folk creative activities and many more. It is held every year from the 1st till the 28th of February.

You can help in enriching the folklore documentation on Commons from your region by taking photos, audios, videos, and submitting them in this commons contest.

Please support us in translating the project page and a banner message to help us spread the word in your native language.

Kind regards,

Wiki loves Folklore International Team

MediaWiki message delivery (بحث) ‏۶ فوریهٔ ۲۰۲۱، ساعت ۱۳:۲۵ (UTC)

بهبود صفحات برای نمایش در فایل خروجی[ویرایش]

سلام. همانطور که در جریان هستید مدت زیادی است که ویکی‌سورس قابلیت دانلود محتوای صفحات در فرمت فایل‌های رایج کتاب مثل PDF و Epub را دارد. متاسفانه اینطور که من این قابلیت را امتحان کردم مشکلاتی در نمایش متن صفحات در ویکی‌نبشته فارسی دارد. برای مثال چند وقتی است که برای نمایش بهتر متن کتاب‌ها در سایت هنگام تراگنجانی عرض متن را به صورت دستی تنظیم میکنیم(مثل اینجا). این حرکت با اینکه موجب بهتر دیده شدن مطالب در سایت میشود اما در فایل خروجی باعث بهم ریختن متن صفحات میشود و فایل PDF یا Epub خروجی عملاً غیر قابل استفاده میشود. ظاهراً در ویکی‌سورس‌های بزرگ مثل انگلیسی و فرانسوی چنین کاری رواج ندارد و نمایش متن خروجی را با استفاده از Layoutهای خود سایت تنظیم میکنند (مثلاً اینجا) الگویی که برای این منظور استفاده میکنند یعنی {{default layout}} در ویکی‌نبشته فارسی هم موجود است اما اینطور که من امتحان کردم درست کار نمی‌کند. از طرفی بقیه‌ی الگو‌ها مثل سرصفحه هم برای نمایش‌های مختلف بهینه نیستند. اگر بشود تنظیمات نمایش‌های سایت را طوری انجام داد که متون به شکل مناسبی نمایش داده شوند دیگر نیازی به تنظیم دستی در صفحات وجود ندارد و مشکل فایل خروجی هم برطرف میشود.

یک نکته‌ی جالب دیگر که در حین بررسی سایر ویکی‌ها دیدم این است که در ویکی‌سورس فرانسوی اصلاً از الگوی سرصفحه استفاده نمی‌کنند (مثلاً اینجا) و در صفحات تراگنجانی فقط اطلاعات محدودی مثل فهرست کتاب و شمارهٔ صفحات را درج میکنند و الگوی سرصفحه و اطلاعات مؤلف به‌طور خودکار به صفحه اضافه می‌شوند. اگر بشود چنین کاری در ویکی فارسی هم انجام داد خیلی عالی می‌شود.

@Yoosef Pooranvary، Pedram.salehpoor: متاسفانه من در این زمینه دانش فنی لازم را ندارم. اگر امکان داره شما هم این موضوع را بررسی کنید و اگر کاری لازم است بفرمایید تا انجام شود. --Arash.z (بحث) پنجشنبه،۲۳ بهمن ۱۳۹۹، ساعت ۱۳:۰۶ (ایران) ‏۱۱ فوریهٔ ۲۰۲۱، ساعت ۰۹:۳۶ (UTC)

سلام. به نظر من همان لی‌آوتی را که برای روش راه بردن عقل استفاده کردید، به یکی از لی‌آوت‌های اصلی تبدیل کنید. دسترسی مدیریتی می‌خواهد که شما دارید. یک نگاهی به زیرصفحهٔ من در این زمینه بیندازید، فکر می‌کنم راهگشا باشد. اگر مشکلی بود من سعی می‌کنم کمک کنم. --یوسف (بحث) ‏۱۱ فوریهٔ ۲۰۲۱، ساعت ۱۰:۰۱ (UTC)
@Yoosef Pooranvary: ممنون از راهنمایی‌تون ولی ظاهراً دسترسی مدیر رابط کاربری میخواهد که من ندارم. راستش خیلی از css و جاوا اسکریپت سررشته ندارم. اگر زحمتی نیست لطفاً تغییراتی که باید انجام شود را تعیین کنید تا از مدیرهای دیگر بخواهیم که اعمال کنند. در مورد کاری که در ویکی‌سورس فرانسوی کرده‌اند نظری ندارید؟ بنظرتون چقدر سخته که همچین چیزی را در اینجا پیاده‌سازی کنیم؟ --Arash.z (بحث) پنجشنبه،۲۳ بهمن ۱۳۹۹، ساعت ۱۳:۵۵ (ایران) ‏۱۱ فوریهٔ ۲۰۲۱، ساعت ۱۰:۲۵ (UTC)

Proposal: Set two-letter project shortcuts as alias to project namespace globally[ویرایش]

لطفاً برای ترجمه به زبان مادریتان کمک کنید

Hello everyone,

I apologize for posting in English. I would like to inform everyone that I created a new global request for comment (GRFC) at Meta Wiki, which may affect your project: m:Requests for comment/Set short project namespace aliases by default globally.

In this GRFC, I propose that two-project shortcuts for project names will become a default alias for the project namespace. For instance, on all Wikipedias, WP will be an alias to the Wikipedia: namespace (and similar for other projects). Full list is available in the GRFC.

This is already the case for Wikivoyages, and many individual projects asked for this alias to be implemented. I believe this makes it easier to access the materials in the project namespace, as well as creating shortcuts like WP:NPOV, as well as helps new projects to use this feature, without having to figure out how to request site configuration changes first.

As far as I can see, ویکی‌نبشته currently does not have such an alias set. This means that such an alias will be set for you, if the GRFC is accepted by the global community.

I would like to ask all community members to participate in the request for comment at Meta-Wiki, see m:Requests for comment/Set short project namespace aliases by default globally.

Please feel free to ask me if you have any questions about this proposal.

Best regards,
--Martin Urbanec (talk) ‏۱۸ فوریهٔ ۲۰۲۱، ساعت ۱۴:۱۲ (UTC)

Wikifunctions logo contest[ویرایش]

‏۲ مارس ۲۰۲۱، ساعت ۰۱:۴۹ (UTC)

چند مشکل[ویرایش]

به نام خدا سلام ، همانطور که می دانید ، به تازگی امکان دانلود صفحه به سه صورت از جمله حالت پی دی اف به سایت اضافه شده است. من فایل خروجی پی دی اف یکی از برگه های شاهنامه (بند کردن فریدون ضحاک را) را دیدم. چند مشکل دیدم. ۱-به نظرم شماره صفحات که زیر برگه ها نوشته شده ، اعداد فارسی باشد بهتر است. ۲-بهتر است فونت ابیات صفحات شعر مثل این صفحه را فونتش را ریزتر باشد ، چون مصراع اگر یکم طولانی باشد ، مصراع دو خطی می شود و بد می شود. (صفحات معمولی را ندیدم ولی فکر کنم برای آنها فونت فعلی مناسب است.) به هر حال ، این امکان برای سایت بسیار عالی بود. Mohammad Amin1388 (بحث) جمعه،۲۲ اسفند ۱۳۹۹، ساعت ۲۲:۴۵ (ایران) ‏۱۲ مارس ۲۰۲۱، ساعت ۱۹:۱۵ (UTC)

@Mohammad Amin1388: سلام. جدیداً دانلود صفحات توسط ابزار WS Export انجام میشود که هنوز در حال توسعه است و امکان تنظیمات زیادی هم از طرف ما وجود ندارد. مواردی مثل شماره‌ی برگه‌ها و قالب صفحات و سایز متن توسط خود نرم‌افزار ایجاد میشود و تا جایی که من اطلاع دارم خیلی قابل تغییر نیستند. البته در این صفحه بعضی تنظیمات مثل فرمت‌های مختلف فایل خروجی و اندازه صفحه یا نوع فونت (نه اندازه) را میشود تغییر داد. در مورد نمایش شعرها هم به علت اینکه لینک داخل صفحات به صورت پیشفرض سایز صفحه‌ی فایل پی‌دی‌اف را A5 در نظر میگیرد بعضی شعرها به صورت دو خطی نمایش داده می‌شوند. اگر خودتان بصورت دستی سایز صفحه را A4 انتخاب کنید تقریباً مشکل حل میشود اما فایل خروجی برای استفاده در دستگاه‌های کتابخوان یا موبایل خیلی مناسب نخواهد بود. (مثلاً همان شعر بند کردن ضحاک را از این لینک با سایز A4 دانلود کنید) --Arash.z (بحث) شنبه،۲۳ اسفند ۱۳۹۹، ساعت ۰۹:۴۱ (ایران) ‏۱۳ مارس ۲۰۲۱، ساعت ۰۶:۱۱ (UTC)

درخواست تمدید دسترسی مدیریت[ویرایش]

@Yoosef Pooranvary، Mohammad Amin1388، Nezamdoust.Ali، Zahrashams: با سلام و تبریک سال نو به تمام دوستان بزرگوار. در اینجا درخواستم برای تمدید دسترسی مدیریت را ایجاد کردم. ممنون میشوم اگر لطف کنید و نظر خود را اعلام کنید. با تشکر. --Arash.z (بحث) سه‌شنبه،۱۷ فروردین ۱۴۰۰، ساعت ۱۵:۲۷ (ایران) ‏۶ آوریل ۲۰۲۱، ساعت ۱۰:۵۷ (UTC)

Global bot policy changes[ویرایش]

مجلس شورای ملی[ویرایش]

سلام. تصمیم دارم کمی وقت برای تمیزکاری و مرتب کردن صفحات تصمیم‌های مجلس شورای ملی صرف کنم تا شاید از این شلختگی و وضعیت نامناسب فعلی دربیاید. بیشتر این صفحات دارای فایل اسکن شده هستند اما به صورت استاندارد نمونه‌خوانی نشده، همچنین ساختار و ترتیب و نظم درست و مشخصی ندارند. در این بین چند مشکل در نگاه اول به نظرم رسید، از جمله اینکه در مورد مصوبات مجلس دو صفحه‌ی پدیدآورندهٔ مشابه وجود دارد یکی «مجلس شورای ملی» و دیگری «اداره قوانین و مطبوعات مجلس شورای ملی». به نظرم یکی از این دو زاید است و بهتر است که ادغامشان کنیم. مشکل دیگر وجود صفحات فهرست زاید مثل «قوانین برنامه‌های عمرانی کشور مصوب مجلس شورای ملی» یا «قوانین دادن اختیارات به شخص دکتر مصدق نخست‌وزیر» و موارد مشابه هستند که به نظرم اضافه است و این صفحات را از طریق رده‌بندی میشود بهم مرتبط کرد. مشکل دیگر هم در بعضی قسمت‌ها مثل این رده عنوان رده‌ها شامل تاریخ به تقویم شاهنشاهی است که امروزه منسوخ شده و استفاده نمیشود و این موارد هم باید اصلاح بشود.

@Yoosef Pooranvary: آقا یوسف بزرگوار و بقیهٔ دوستان عزیز لطفاً اگر برای این مشکلات یا مشکلات دیگری که می‌بینید نظر یا پیشنهادی دارید دریغ نکنید. با تشکر. --Arash.z (بحث) یکشنبه،۲۶ اردیبهشت ۱۴۰۰، ساعت ۱۴:۴۹ (ایران) ‏۱۶ مهٔ ۲۰۲۱، ساعت ۱۰:۱۹ (UTC)

سلام. به شدت موافقم. متاسفانه کاربر بلاویستا گوشش به این حرف‌ها بدهکار نبود. از این دسته‌گل‌ها زیاد به آب دادند. حالا سایت خودشان را دارند و آنجا پیگیر تمایلات سیاسی خودشان هستند. من در خدمت هستم و تا جایی که وقت کنم کمک خواهم کرد. --یوسف (بحث) ‏۱۶ مهٔ ۲۰۲۱، ساعت ۱۴:۱۱ (UTC)

Universal Code of Conduct News – Issue 1[ویرایش]

Universal Code of Conduct News
Issue 1, June 2021Read the full newsletter


Welcome to the first issue of Universal Code of Conduct News! This newsletter will help Wikimedians stay involved with the development of the new code, and will distribute relevant news, research, and upcoming events related to the UCoC.

Please note, this is the first issue of UCoC Newsletter which is delivered to all subscribers and projects as an announcement of the initiative. If you want the future issues delivered to your talk page, village pumps, or any specific pages you find appropriate, you need to subscribe here.

You can help us by translating the newsletter issues in your languages to spread the news and create awareness of the new conduct to keep our beloved community safe for all of us. Please add your name here if you want to be informed of the draft issue to translate beforehand. Your participation is valued and appreciated.

  • Affiliate consultations – Wikimedia affiliates of all sizes and types were invited to participate in the UCoC affiliate consultation throughout March and April 2021. (continue reading)
  • 2021 key consultations – The Wikimedia Foundation held enforcement key questions consultations in April and May 2021 to request input about UCoC enforcement from the broader Wikimedia community. (continue reading)
  • Roundtable discussions – The UCoC facilitation team hosted two 90-minute-long public roundtable discussions in May 2021 to discuss UCoC key enforcement questions. More conversations are scheduled. (continue reading)
  • Phase 2 drafting committee – The drafting committee for the phase 2 of the UCoC started their work on 12 May 2021. Read more about their work. (continue reading)
  • Diff blogs – The UCoC facilitators wrote several blog posts based on interesting findings and insights from each community during local project consultation that took place in the 1st quarter of 2021. (continue reading)

--MediaWiki message delivery (بحث) ‏۱۱ ژوئن ۲۰۲۱، ساعت ۲۳:۰۵ (UTC)

Wikimania 2021: Individual Program Submissions[ویرایش]

Wikimania logo with text 2.svg

Dear all,

Wikimania 2021 will be hosted virtually for the first time in the event's 15-year history. Since there is no in-person host, the event is being organized by a diverse group of Wikimedia volunteers that form the Core Organizing Team (COT) for Wikimania 2021.

Event Program - Individuals or a group of individuals can submit their session proposals to be a part of the program. There will be translation support for sessions provided in a number of languages. See more information here.

Below are some links to guide you through;

Please note that the deadline for submission is 18th June 2021.

Announcements- To keep up to date with the developments around Wikimania, the COT sends out weekly updates. You can view them in the Announcement section here.

Office Hour - If you are left with questions, the COT will be hosting some office hours (in multiple languages), in multiple time-zones, to answer any programming questions that you might have. Details can be found here.

Best regards,

MediaWiki message delivery (بحث) ‏۱۶ ژوئن ۲۰۲۱، ساعت ۰۴:۱۹ (UTC)

On behalf of Wikimania 2021 Core Organizing Team

Editing news 2021 #2[ویرایش]

‏۲۴ ژوئن ۲۰۲۱، ساعت ۱۴:۱۵ (UTC)

Server switch[ویرایش]

SGrabarczuk (WMF) ‏۲۷ ژوئن ۲۰۲۱، ساعت ۰۱:۱۹ (UTC)

ابوعلی سینا[ویرایش]

ابوعلی سینا نیس؟Baratiiman (بحث) ‏۴ ژوئیهٔ ۲۰۲۱، ساعت ۱۵:۳۵ (UTC)

Wikisource Satisfaction Survey 2021[ویرایش]

الگو:Dir سلام!

Apologies for writing in English. لطفاً برای ترجمه به زبان مادریتان کمک کنید

In the past year, there has been a lot of changes to Wikisource features and tools. This was done by the Community Tech team at the Wikimedia Foundation, grantees funded by the Foundation or through projects like Google Summer of Code. We would like to understand what you feel about the changes. Tell us what you think about such tools as the Wikisource Pagelist Widget or the new Ebook Export tool.

Take the survey in English, French, Spanish, Polish, Hindi or Punjabi. The deadline is 25th July 2021.

This survey will be conducted via a third-party service, which may subject it to additional terms. For more information on privacy and data-handling, see the survey privacy statement (English, Spanish, French, Polish, Hindi and Punjabi).

If you prefer to send your answers via email, copy the text of the survey and send to sgill@wikimedia.org.

If you have any questions or feedback about the survey, write to me at sgill@wikimedia.org.

با تشکر! SGill (WMF) ‏۱۶ ژوئیهٔ ۲۰۲۱، ساعت ۲۲:۳۰ (UTC)

خط سیاق[ویرایش]

سلام. باخبر شدم برای ثبت خط سیاق فارسی در یونیکد تلاش خوب و جامعی در جریان است. می‌توانید طرح آقای آنوشمان پاندی را در این فایل ببینید. اگر این اتفاق بیفتد پیاده‌سازی و نمایش برگ‌های دارای خط سیاق برای ما شدنی خواهد بود. --یوسف (بحث) ‏۳۰ ژوئیهٔ ۲۰۲۱، ساعت ۰۸:۲۵ (UTC)

اجازه ورود کتاب آتشکده[ویرایش]

کتاب آتشکده در سال ۴۳ توسط منصور رستگار (توی ویکیپدیا مقاله‌شون هست) چاپ شده. آقای رستگار در قید حیات هستند. آیا امکان ورود این کتاب به ویکی‌نبشته هست؟--Sefid par (بحث) ‏۵ اوت ۲۰۲۱، ساعت ۱۵:۰۲ (UTC)

@Sefid par: سلام. با توجه به سیاست‌های ویکی‌نبشته و قوانین حق تکثیر نمی‌توانیم آثار نویسندگان زنده را در سایت درج کنیم. لطفاً موارد مغایر حق تکثیر را ببینید. با تشکر--Arash.z (بحث) جمعه،۱۵ مرداد ۱۴۰۰، ساعت ۰۱:۱۰ (ایران) ‏۵ اوت ۲۰۲۱، ساعت ۲۰:۴۰ (UTC)

آیین نامه فراگیر رفتاری - بازنگری پیش نویس دستورالعمل های اجرایی[ویرایش]

کمیته تدوین فاز 2 آیین نامه فراگیر رفتاری از نظرات درمورد پیش نویس دستورالعمل های اجرایی برای آیین نامه فراگیر رفتاری (UCoC) استقبال می کند. این دوره بازبینی قرار است در 17 آگوست 2021 (۲۶ مرداد ۱۴۰۰) آغاز شود. اعضای انجمن و کارکنان با یکدیگر همکاری کردند تا این پیش نویس دستورالعمل ها را بر اساس مشاوره ، بحث و تحقیق ایجاد کنند. این دستورالعمل ها نهایی نیستند اما شما می توانید به پیشرفت این پروسه کمک کنید. نظرات خود را در مورد این دستورالعمل ها تا 17 اکتبر 2021 (۲۵ مهر ۱۴۰۰) ارائه دهید. این کمیته دستورالعمل ها را بر اساس نظرات انجمن بازبینی می کند. همه می توانند نظرات خود را در مکان های مختلف به اشتراک بگذارند. تسهیل گران از نظرات به هر زبانی در مورد صفحه بحث مرور پیش نویس یا از طریق ایمیل استقبال می کنند. همچنین می توانید نظرات را در صفحات بحث ترجمه ها، در بحث های داخلی، یا در طول بحث های میز گرد و ساعات گفتگو به اشتراک بگذارید. در مورد پیش نویس دستورالعمل های اجرایی UCoC بحث های زنده ای برنامه ریزی شده است:

تیم تسهیل کننده که از این دوره بازبینی حمایت می کند امیدوار است با تعداد زیادی از انجمن ها ارتباظ برقرار کند. داشتن درک مشترک مهم است. اگر نمی بینید مکالمه ای در جامعه شما اتفاق می افتد ، لطفاً یک بحث را سازماندهی کنید. تسهیل کنندگان می توانند در تنظیم این مکالمات به شما کمک کنند. هر دو هفته یکبار بحث ها جمع بندی شده و به کمیته پیش نویس ارائه می شوند. خلاصه مطالب اینجا منتشر خواهد شد.

لطفا در صورت داشتن هرگونه سوال به من اطلاع دهید. --Mervat (WMF) (بحث) ‏۱۸ اوت ۲۰۲۱، ساعت ۱۰:۵۰ (UTC)

Update on the OCR Improvements[ویرایش]

Hello! Sorry for writing in English. لطفاً برای ترجمه به زبان مادریتان کمک کنید.

The OCR Improvements are complete. We, the Community Tech team, are grateful for your feedback from the beginning to the last stage when we were finalizing the interface.

Engine improvements[ویرایش]

OCR menu in toolbar
Reliability

Prior to our work, the OCR tools were separate gadgets. We have added "Wikimedia OCR." It is available under one icon inside the toolbar on all Wikisource wikis. This tool supports two other OCR tools, Tesseract and Google OCR. We expect these tools to be more stable. We will maintain Wikimedia OCR.

The gadgets will remain available. The communities will have sovereignty over when to enable or disable these.

Speed

Prior to this work, transcription would take upwards of 40 seconds. Our improvements average a transcription time under 4 seconds.

Advanced Tools improvements[ویرایش]

Multi-language support in advanced tools.png
Multiple-language support

Documents with multiple languages can be transcribed in a new way.

  1. Open the Advanced Options
  2. Select the Languages (optional) field
  3. Search for and enter the languages in order of prevalence in the document.
UI Crop tool in Advanced tools
Cropping tool / Multi-column support

We have included a Cropper tool. It allows to select regions to transcribe on pages with complicated layouts.

OCR onboarding.png
Discoverability and accessibility of OCR

We have added an interface for new users. It is pulsating blue dots over the new icon in the toolbar. The new interface explains what OCR means and what transcription means in Wikisource.

We believe that you will do even more great things because of these changes. We also hope to see you at our 2022 Wishlist Survey. Thanks you again for all your opinions and support.

Please share your feedback on the project talk page!

NRodriguez (WMF) and SGrabarczuk (WMF) ‏۱۹ اوت ۲۰۲۱، ساعت ۰۲:۰۲ (UTC)

Update on the OCR Improvements[ویرایش]

Hello! Sorry for writing in English. لطفاً برای ترجمه به زبان مادریتان کمک کنید.

The OCR Improvements are complete. We, the Community Tech team, are grateful for your feedback from the beginning to the last stage when we were finalizing the interface.

Engine improvements[ویرایش]

OCR menu in toolbar
Reliability

Prior to our work, the OCR tools were separate gadgets. We have added "Wikimedia OCR." It is available under one icon inside the toolbar on all Wikisource wikis. This tool supports two other OCR tools, Tesseract and Google OCR. We expect these tools to be more stable. We will maintain Wikimedia OCR.

The gadgets will remain available. The communities will have sovereignty over when to enable or disable these.

Speed

Prior to this work, transcription would take upwards of 40 seconds. Our improvements average a transcription time under 4 seconds.

Advanced Tools improvements[ویرایش]

Multi-language support in advanced tools.png
Multiple-language support

Documents with multiple languages can be transcribed in a new way.

  1. Open the Advanced Options
  2. Select the Languages (optional) field
  3. Search for and enter the languages in order of prevalence in the document.
UI Crop tool in Advanced tools
Cropping tool / Multi-column support

We have included a Cropper tool. It allows to select regions to transcribe on pages with complicated layouts.

OCR onboarding.png
Discoverability and accessibility of OCR

We have added an interface for new users. It is pulsating blue dots over the new icon in the toolbar. The new interface explains what OCR means and what transcription means in Wikisource.

We believe that you will do even more great things because of these changes. We also hope to see you at our 2022 Wishlist Survey. Thanks you again for all your opinions and support.

Please share your feedback on the project talk page!

NRodriguez (WMF) and SGrabarczuk (WMF) ‏۱۹ اوت ۲۰۲۱، ساعت ۰۲:۰۲ (UTC)

The 2022 Community Wishlist Survey will happen in January[ویرایش]

SGrabarczuk (WMF) (talk) ‏۷ سپتامبر ۲۰۲۱، ساعت ۰۰:۲۳ (UTC)

Call for Candidates for the Movement Charter Drafting Committee ending 14 September 2021[ویرایش]

Movement Strategy announces the Call for Candidates for the Movement Charter Drafting Committee. The Call opens August 2, 2021 and closes September 14, 2021.

The Committee is expected to represent diversity in the Movement. Diversity includes gender, language, geography, and experience. This comprises participation in projects, affiliates, and the Wikimedia Foundation.

English fluency is not required to become a member. If needed, translation and interpretation support is provided. Members will receive an allowance to offset participation costs. It is US$100 every two months.

We are looking for people who have some of the following skills:

  • Know how to write collaboratively. (demonstrated experience is a plus)
  • Are ready to find compromises.
  • Focus on inclusion and diversity.
  • Have knowledge of community consultations.
  • Have intercultural communication experience.
  • Have governance or organization experience in non-profits or communities.
  • Have experience negotiating with different parties.

The Committee is expected to start with 15 people. If there are 20 or more candidates, a mixed election and selection process will happen. If there are 19 or fewer candidates, then the process of selection without election takes place.

Will you help move Wikimedia forward in this important role? Submit your candidacy here. Please contact strategy2030(_AT_)wikimedia.org with questions.

Xeno (WMF) ‏۱۰ سپتامبر ۲۰۲۱، ساعت ۱۶:۵۰ (UTC)

Server switch[ویرایش]

SGrabarczuk (WMF) (بحث) ‏۱۱ سپتامبر ۲۰۲۱، ساعت ۰۰:۴۶ (UTC)

Talk to the Community Tech[ویرایش]

الگو:Dir

Read this message in another languageلطفاً برای ترجمه به زبان مادریتان کمک کنید

Hello!

As we have recently announced, we, the team working on the Community Wishlist Survey, would like to invite you to an online meeting with us. It will take place on September 15th, 23:00 UTC on Zoom, and will last an hour. Click here to join.

Agenda

Format

The meeting will not be recorded or streamed. Notes without attribution will be taken and published on Meta-Wiki. The presentation (first three points in the agenda) will be given in English.

We can answer questions asked in English, French, Polish, and Spanish. If you would like to ask questions in advance, add them on the Community Wishlist Survey talk page or send to sgrabarczuk@wikimedia.org.

Natalia Rodriguez (the Community Tech manager) will be hosting this meeting.

Invitation link

See you! SGrabarczuk (WMF) (بحث) ‏۱۱ سپتامبر ۲۰۲۱، ساعت ۰۳:۰۴ (UTC)